Sunday, June 7, 2009

the drag me UP to hell weekend special edition

so life keeps moving on, as do i. i'm 4 weeks into griffin and loving it. everyone at the church has been awesome, and the learning curve hasn't been too steep either. i'm now in charge of www.sbcgriffin.org and all its various goodies, plus the weekly church bulletin and other random media things. all in all, i'm feeling pretty good about it and i now don't dread going into work everyday, which is just about all you can ask for.


i've had an outstanding time this weekend. first up, i finally got to see one of my most anticipated films of the summer, sam raimi's new horror film, drag me to hell. i agree, the title is awful, but the movie was SICK! i haven't seen a truly American horror film this great in years. it was the most fun i've had in a theater since the star wars: episode 3 premiere. just full of intensity, campy-ness and scares, if you are at all a horror fan, check it out ASAP.

next, i headed to G-ville to see my Meremint. I LOVE THAT GIRL! :) i hope she knows what she's getting herself into with me. we had a great meal at on the border, then we rented a girly-movie that i can't even bring myself to talk about. needless to say, i didn't like it. on saturday we both were dying to see UP, the new pixar movie. it was fantastic, no surprise there, and it hit on much more adult/life themes than any pixar film ever has. the short before UP was also great.

so late saturday i had to head back and say goodbye to M, which is getting harder and harder to do every time. hopefully, some day soon we'll be seeing an end to that issue.

sunday morning was a giant ball of stress, as one of my planned DVD presentations wouldn't play in the service and a few mistakes were found on the bulletin. i'm not perfect, but these mistakes actually had nothing to do with me but the information i was given for budget numbers. i didn't really feel great about how those numbers were being given to me unlabeled, i knew it was going to bite me eventually and it did. so maybe now that will get fixed?

pray for me this week, our vacation bible school runs till noon through friday and i'm a big player. photographer, light guy, media presenter and outback explorer. i've even got the hat to prove it.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

That is the WORST film title EVER!...but i'm glad you enjoyed the movie. Thanks for UP and for watching the girlie movie with me. That scored you some points. :) You're the best...have a wonderful week at VBS...prayin' some kiddos find Jesus this week! Love you!

Unknown said...

Hey Aaron what's up man? It's awesome that you're having a great time in Griffin. I've been wanting to see UP but as you know I'm a little behind the times in seeing movies. For example I still haven't seen WALL-E, Bourne Ultimatum, or Ocean's Thirteen which I have been wanting to see for some time.
Well I hope that VBS goes well. I always enjoyed the years that I was able to help out with VBS at Rockdale. Pray for me that soon I'll get a job. I've sent a resume to FBC McDonough about a Part-time Pianist job but I have yet to hear back from them. I'll have to get down to Griffin at some point maybe catch some lunch or something.

Later man

Christopher and Brittany said...

Glad to hear things are going well, although I miss our daily email conversations, you should give me a shout during work one day, or maybe we can video chat some time this week. Well, glad ya'll had a great weekend. Can you believe Brittany and I will have been married a year on Sunday? Crazy how time flies.